Aspire ES 15 Running Slow. Brand new.

2»

Answers

• Ak13042002ajk
    Ak13042002ajk Member Posts: 1 New User
    The laptop has 8gb of ram so the ram shouldn't be the problem I think personally cause I've got this laptop I think it's the intel celeron processer n3050
  • aceerrrr
    aceerrrr Member Posts: 1 New User

hi, switch everything to performance, switch off cortana, found a downlod to do this 

• waynezn
    waynezn Member Posts: 1 New User
    if some one could help ,I have an aspire ES1-531 lap top unable to use the keyboard , is says this device can not start .(code 10) ,STATUS _device_data_error
  • TOYTOY
    TOYTOY Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have an acer aspire.  It's TOTAL *****.    It's so slow, I have time to cook my dinner between tasks.  As for having to go thro all the fixes suggested on this forum - I think I would rather throw the bloody thing into the bin.  How can ANYONE MAKE AND SELL A COMPUTER THAT U HAVE TO FUK ABOUT WITH IN ORDER TO MAKE IT WORK  ????    It's beyond me.
  • Bowser
    Bowser Member Posts: 1 New User
    I cant get the stupid thing the restart. The smallest task makes It locked up ever when it's just running Teamviewer. I never realized till now how you can sell anything on the market. It's worthless. I cant believe that I was scammed for $350 for a "retarded" piece of *****. My last Acer Aspire was great but I will never buy another one again.
  • jimmi1
    jimmi1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    yes this is highly annoying! a shame for microsoft, acer or both of them, i don't know which to blame. i was disappointed enough to set up an account here too to let you know this:

if you buy a new product i would expect it to run smoothly. not like the acer ES 15 (ES1-520-32NG) i got from a collegue to fix who is not so ambitioned/experienced with IT. i spent more than 12 hours to fix and have it run smoothly again, mainly because it was working so slow. so throwing it out of the window and buy a new laptop would have been cheaper if it was not a free service to a friend ;-)

well, first problem was, when starting up the machine the screen stayed black (no login, nothing), only the mouse pointer was visible. If you ever stumble upon this problem, here is what solved it in my case: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/120581/s7-black-screen-on-startup
    a rather obscure procedure but it worked!

okeydokey... since i am a nice buddy and set up the laptop myself some months ago i tried to find out why it is SOOOO slow. first of course a check for viruses. The free antivirus software from avira (https://www.avira.com) did not work anymore, by the way the only software installed that did not come originally with the laptop besides OpenOffice (https://www.openoffice.org).

Piece of cake i thought, remove and reinstall a new version of the avira antivirus software. but i couldn't make it work again. Next logical step: how about windows 10 updates in the past weeks? uupppssss, failed as well. this according to windows 10 error 0x8024200d. internet research said, that installing and "running" through this could solve it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

and it did! what can i say? finally i was able to reinstall the avira antivirus and the windows 10 updates. of course in the meantime all drivers and so on suggested by the acer care center were also updated. did not help one step further. still no virus found, nor did CPU and RAM usage go significantly below 100%. hence still very slow when opening programs, mouse pointer jumps, delayed keyboard entries...

more internet research had to be done until i found other reasons for the possible slowness of the acer es 15 running on windows 10 from LaaberFinn here (https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/415231/aspire-es-15-running-slow-brand-new/p1). Quite obvious solutions but i never expected that that they would have such huge impact on the performance. the laptop now is double as fast what is within expectations. Thank you so much (also in the name of my collegue) LaabeerFinn!!!

On the other hand to microsoft AND acer: this is not a procedure a customer should have to go through after buying a brand new product (or normal usage after a few months). I do hope you have plenty of cooperation and test teams to solve such problems BEFORE launching your products and using paying consumers as free guinea pigs. thank you
  • Perfectblaze
    Perfectblaze Member Posts: 1 New User
    @LaaberFinn Thank you! I followed your steps and this computer is working normal finally! It used to take 3-5 mins to start up now 20 secs if that. Everything opens faster all things are better. That windows(dot)old file was big. 
  • Dubiousraves
    Dubiousraves Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've had this laptop for a year now and have resigned to the fact that it's an absurdly slow machine. I have to reboot it once or twice a day to even keep it functional at all. The only saving grace is that it was cheap. I'll be replacing it soon. 
  • Stanley71
    Stanley71 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Maybe try a 3rd party defrag tool if it has an old school spinning hard disk. Other than that maybe buy an SSD (128 GB or 256 GB) to use as the boot drive with the OS installed on it, and use the old spinning hard disk as a secondary drive only for storage and backups.
  • Nice4What
    Nice4What Member Posts: 72 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I think the lesson many have learned is that we shouldn't buy ACER again. I won't. I have had it with my laptop. 

When you pay €400 for a laptop, it should run smoothly without having to remove bloatware to improve performance.

Lesson learned.

AVOID.
  • Lotfipower
    Lotfipower Member Posts: 1 New User
    My problem with my Laptop is too slow and I have to click the icon to start twice or more to open do you think that the anti-virus made it like that !!!!!!!