Aspire E5-571-58V3 won't turn on. Charge LED doesn't turn on

robbarfer
robbarfer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello. 

Today, I decided to use my laptop after 2 days of not turning it on. Before turning it off, I was watching videos on the Internet for about 5 hours. When I tried to turn iot on, it couldn't. I plugged the AC adapter and the Chargie LED didn't turn on. I'm really concerned about my laptop. Could someone help me, please?

-Roberto

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Try a battery reset:

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

if the charging LED is still dead, can be a bad AC charger or battery controller; so please give Acer support service a call if you are under warranty.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • LionPlayer
    LionPlayer Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem here! I too was watching video's but one minute i was and the next i wasn't! Monitor went black and laptop wouldn't turn back on or display a charging indicator/Light. I tried everything like taking the battery out and holding the power button down but nothing works! Just going to try the battery reset thing soon. Also, my charger doesn't get warm anymore when i plug it into the laptop but i know it isnt a power adaptor fault because i tested it on another laptop and i even tried a different charger on the E5-571 but nothing... just nothing (Also both of the chargers were the same and DID work!)

Edit: Oh wait, just found out that the battery reset pin only works for laptops that don't have a removable battery Smiley Sad(  Anymore help would be apreciated!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

no other suggestion apart calling Acer support service if under warranty, if not, take it to a computer shop

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Roynato
    Roynato Member Posts: 5 New User

Same thing here... brand new acer F15-F5 573, one week old, never left my office, and simply died. No leds, no charge leds, no nothing, no reset battery stuff either.

Already sent it to the support, now all I can do is wait, and probably gonna get some refurbished piece replacing whatever it was the brand new piece that died... 

A one week brand new laptop... I'm really disappointed...