Aspire E15 ES1-512 display screen blinks on and off

serickelley
serickelley Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Acer Apire E15 ES1-512 and when powered on the video display blinks on and off. The display lights up with whatever is suppossed to be on the screen momentarily and then goes to a completely black screen.  It will sometmes stay on for a few seconds and then other times it cycles on and off in less than a second.  If you clicjk the touchpad, the screen will display the current information on the laptop, but then within a few seconds revert to a black screen.  I have tried connecting the laptop to an external monitor and the video display issue follows over to the attached monitor and the display blinks on and off with the laptop display.  Is there any troubleshooting steps I can try to resolve the issue or identify what the problem is with the display?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

Could you please tell us the version of display driver, you can find this in Device manager Display properties driver tab, try downloading the version 10.18.10.4242 and install it if you have Windows 10 installed in your laptop.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/5611?b=1

• serickelley

An additional item as I have been trying to investigate and troubleshoot... If I depress and hold the down the when I click on the touchpad and do not release it, the screen doesn't blink?  Also, I noticed the blinking display issue does not start up until after I log into the computer?

• serickelley

In between blinks of the display I navigated to the display settings and changed the desktop wallpaper back to a default wallpaper native to the laptop and although it did not save when I tried to apply the change, I did force shut down the laptop and restart.  Once it restarted, it booted up with the native wallpaper and the 'blinking' issue has stopped?  The wallpaper was a family picture previously and had been the wallpaper since shortly after the laptop was purchased. That change however appears to have resolved the issue...?  

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

It could be, have you tried changing the wallpaper with different picture?