Acer aspire m5 583p-6428. Won't load past Acer screen bksod

Josephace
Josephace Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
As the title says I can't load my Acer laptop past the Acer logo, when I use boot manager it shows an underscore on the top left and goes black. What do I do?

Best Answer

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

I do not know how long you ran Win10 before rolling back. After I think 30 days Win10 removes the prior win8 files needed to roll back correctly. As is your hard drive boot partitions are corrupted. Again a windows recovery USB flash drive should be able to correct the errors. Even if done manually you need to boot from a USB device to fix the partitions. If the original restore is still valid you should be able to do a system restore from the bios menu options keeping in mind this will destroy all current data resetting the system to day 1 status like new.  The other option is to boot from a windows 8 or 10 DVD disc and again use the repair option to fix the partition errors. 

Answers

• Trukntigger

The good is you see initial boot up. The bad indicates a hard drive issue. Can not say if it is corrupted data or total failure but attempting to boot from a external USB flash drive may give more indication. Need a computer or friend to create a bootable USB diagnostic for your windows version (7/8/10) and see if it can fix the error.

• Josephace
    Hdd0 shows Toshiba HDD is working when I use f2. F12 enabled to access boot manager just flashes for a millisecond on a loop every few seconds though. -just additional information btw OP here.
  • Trukntigger

Drive is seen, not mean working. That flashing means exactly that...the system sees hardware but not reading it. Are also implying you can not access the boot up options menu? Can you enter into the bios interface?

• Josephace
    I can enter the bios interface. This all happened after reverting back to windows 8 after my windows 10 update if that helps
  • Trukntigger
    Answer ✓

I do not know how long you ran Win10 before rolling back. After I think 30 days Win10 removes the prior win8 files needed to roll back correctly. As is your hard drive boot partitions are corrupted. Again a windows recovery USB flash drive should be able to correct the errors. Even if done manually you need to boot from a USB device to fix the partitions. If the original restore is still valid you should be able to do a system restore from the bios menu options keeping in mind this will destroy all current data resetting the system to day 1 status like new.  The other option is to boot from a windows 8 or 10 DVD disc and again use the repair option to fix the partition errors. 

• Josephace
    Okay got my copy of windows on a flash drive, loaded it under f12 and in the process of reinstalling Windows it gets stuck on installation. Waited all night and nothing
  • Trukntigger

At top of this forum is info on reloading your system. Most answers there for installing. If all fail hard drive failure most likely. Good time to upgrade to ssd? With Win10 you can install from scratch pretty easily. Keep me posted if need more help.

• Josephace

okay I am replying from my computer now, IT WORKS!!!! BUT i had to do a clean install which worked just fine but i have a missing pci driver and sm bus controller driver missing. 

SM BUS CONTROLLER HARDWARE IDS

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C22&SUBSYS_079B1025&REV_04
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C22&SUBSYS_079B1025
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C22&CC_0C0500
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C22&CC_0C05

PCI DEVICE HARDWARE IDS

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5287&SUBSYS_079B1025&REV_01
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5287&SUBSYS_079B1025
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5287&CC_FF0000
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5287&CC_FF00

I heard you need the hardware ids to install the right driver, however, i do not know where to safely obtain these drivers because of my paranoia of messing my computer up again lol. Please help. Smiley Happy

• Trukntigger

Pull down the ones from Acer. Open the zip and usually a exe inside. Open that with say zip7. Those files inside the exe are goal. Once extract look at the .ini ones with say text editor. You can match your pci gen to those your good to go. As for install, chipset is always first with reboot after each installed driver safest course of action.