Acer aspire e5-575g system interrupts high cpu usage

2»

Answers

• ItsTomi
    ItsTomi Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

Well, yeah. I spent like 2 days looking for a solution - reinstalled every single driver from the support page, updated my bios to 1.25. I'm sick and tired of it but i'm glad that the issue isn't isolated to only my laptop.

Edit: oh look at it - sitting @ 0,1% cpu usage... strange, it was using like 11% half an hour ago.

• Ariel4
    Ariel4 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Well let's hope this company reads their forums. This isn't the only thread on this issue here.

I suppose they will fix this soon, since this is their best-selling laptop on Amazon, but we shall see.

• ItsTomi
    ItsTomi Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

I doubt any actual Acer employee reads these forums...

They probably have only community helpers just like other big brands out there

• UmeshGiri
    UmeshGiri Member Posts: 1 New User

There's problem in sound drivers and touchpad drivers.

Disabling "High Definition Audio controller" from "Device manager > System Devices" will make it go away until you don't  touch the touchpad.

If you want to use the trackpad goto BIOS while booting by pressing "F2", In the second tab set trackpad to basic.

But after that gestures won't work.

• sa0021
    sa0021 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

hi I have such like problem with my Acer V3-575g and I found out that the "high definition Audio controller " is the problem
    but I did not find any solution yet.
  • sa0021

Tinkerer

we should stop buying ACER .
    because Acer dose not trying to fix this problem.
    I tolled them 2 years ago
  • sa0021

Tinkerer

hi . it worked . thanks
    it was on my mind this 2 years . I tried many ways.
    but YOU solved it . so so thank you.

• sgodot1975
    sgodot1975 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Kubas789 said:
    Enable MSI interrupt for HD audio to solve problem with cpu usage. Use regedit navigate to 
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D71&SUBSYS_10941025&REV_21\3&11583659&1&FB
    check service name it must be HDAudBus then go to Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties
    change value MSI supported to 1 and restart.
    Working for me so far.
    Thank you!
  • Vili
    Vili Member Posts: 1 New User
    Kubas789 said:
    Enable MSI interrupt for HD audio to solve problem with cpu usage. Use regedit navigate to 
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D71&SUBSYS_10941025&REV_21\3&11583659&1&FB
    check service name it must be HDAudBus then go to Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties
    change value MSI supported to 1 and restart.
    Thanks a lot, problem solved with your suggestion
  • southleft
    southleft Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Worked for me on Windows 10 v. 1909. The Registry key on my E5-575G is slightly different (instead of D71 mine says D70, but it is named "HDAudBus" and its value was 0 so i changed it to value 1 and rebooted the laptop. Problem solved. System Interrupt cpu usage dropped from a range of 9% - 20%, down to 0.2% - 2%. 
  • sb001
    sb001 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thank you guys so much :) ! You are geniuses B) ! I was bothering with this since I got the laptop years ago and couldn't fix it until now. I am having an Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G-55NS. Similar as southleft noted, my reg entry says D70 instead of D71.

Just as some of you wrote, I was having ~ 5-15% CPU just bothering with system interrupts, now it is 0.1%. Amazing!

Thanks to all of you so much, I really appreciate your help, super happy right now :3 !
    Best, sb

PS: Disabling audio devices (microphone, speakers) did not fix it for me as well.
  • SheronTravis
    SheronTravis Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thank you so much @Kubas789. I didn't see any answer for this anywhere  :)

My device is E5-574G and as some of others i had MSI supported in D70 path. However that's the only solution for this i believe because i did everything that can do.

Anyway i'm still on headache because i lose my every signal file for ransomware attacker :(

Again thanks guys cheers!!