Acer Aspire and AVG and possible threat

phoenix80521
phoenix80521 Member Posts: 1 New User

hope I am in the right forum   I have an Aceer Aspire notebook E1-532-2635 and Windows 10.  Recently I have experienced a problem with AVG free my anti-virus program that I haven't experienced before.  It has repeatedly warned me of a threat that it has not been able to completely remove:  SmartAppLiveUpdater.exe.  I cannot use the computer when this happens because AVG is trying to remove this and I have to shut down the computer because I am stuck and unable to do anything else. I went into my downloads and found SmartApp the precursor I believe to the above.  I tried to uninstall this myself and was informed that only the administrator could do this.  I assume I am the administrator for this computer but I haven't done this before.  How do I do it?  I also want to be sure that this is not an Acer application that might be essential.  I checked this out online and I doubt it but I should be sure as I haven't had a problem removing a threat with AVG before this happened.  Help please.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

uninstall AVG, it's better.

fomr time to time it creates hassles: deleting realtek audio drivers files, blocking some Acer software or blocking drivers installations.

windows 10 default anti-virus is good enough for standard use.

I'm not an Acer employee.