Acer Aspire V7 - Laptop Troubles

StacyMil
StacyMil Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I bought my Aspire Aspire V7 laptop in September 2014 and was excited about it. It worked great, I loved the size, I loved the space on the hard drive, it was fast, and the battery lasted really long. I was happy. 

Just a few months after I got it, I began to have issues. It slowed down, it lagged, I had to restart it constantly. In roughly September 2015, I finally sent it to you to be repaired. I got it back and it worked for a week or so. It then had a multitude of additional issues -- randomly shutting down, battery not working, the mouse wouldn't move when the charger was plugged in, along with all of the same issues as before. 

I sent it back to you again in October 2015. I got that back, and it worked for a couple months, but never up to the level it was working when I first got it brand new in 2014. After the second time I had the computer repaired, I could not install certain software on my computer. 

After that second time, my one year warranty was up, and as you know, I could not even contact you for help without paying for it. My issues were never fixed by you, but I had no way of expressing that. 

I brought the laptop to a local computer repair place in the fall of 2016, as it had the same problems -- lagging, not installing software, etc. He couldn't find anything wrong with it.

It has had the same issues ever since, and last week (June 2017), the laptop stopped starting. I took it to the computer repair company and they said the motherboard is ruined, and they don't know why. I had no viruses, never spilled anything on it, and took very good care of it. On the outside, it still looks brand new. 

I just wanted to express my disappointment with your product, as well as your customer service. I bought this laptop for around $750 as a graduate from college, which was a large chunk of money for me at that time. I read great reviews of Acer Aspire laptops and heard many positive things, and at that price, I thought I would have a working laptop for at least 4 years. 

In reality, I had a working laptop for a few months and have been struggling with it ever since-- not even 3 years. As a comparison, I had a $350 HP laptop that lasted me longer than 3 years. 

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

We are sorry this happened to your unit.

Unfortunately it would need to be in warranty in order to be repair without a cost.

Can you kindly send me a private message with the SN. We would like to take a look at your case and see if there is anything we can do.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • StacyMil
    StacyMil Member Posts: 2 New User

How do I send a private message? 

• Kathy-1
    Kathy-1 Member Posts: 167 Die Hard WiFi Icon

StacyMil wrote:

How do I send a private message? 

Hi StacyMil,

Just click on Acer-Karp's name in the post above and that will take you to the profile page where on the right hand side, you will see a green button that says "Message Me" - click that and then type in your message and send!