Acer Aspire E15 E5-575-5476 There was a problem resetting your pc

Jacky161
Jacky161 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I’m currently trying to reset my acer laptop back to factory default and every time I press reset my pc from inside acer care centre it says that there was a problem resetting your pc and that no changes were made. I tried pressing alt + f10 to activate “Acer D2D Recovery” but all that brings me to is the advanced restart menu when you press shift + restart. The only thing I have done to the partitions was split my C drive into 2 partitions to try and short stroke the hard drive. I am running the windows 10 creators update and the laptop shipped with the first build of windows 10.

Best Answer

• daikin990
    daikin990 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓

This is an easy way help you can resolve "There was a problem resetting your PC" problem, you can use usb boot Windows 10 then use CMD to set custom recovery image location.

Step 1. Go to C: drive.
    Step 2. Here, you create WIN-RECOVERY folder.
    Step 3: Then, download Windows 10 ISO image Sources folder, copy the Install.WIM file to WIN-RECOVERY folder.
    Step 4. Start Command Prompt as an Administrator. type REAGENTC /INFO and press Enter. You will see that Recovery Image Location was missing.
    Step 6. To set your custom recovery path, you type the following command

reagentc /SetOSImage /Path C:\WIN-Recovery\install.wim /Index 1

Restart your PC and check if the problem is resolved.

Read more : http://howtoinstallwindows10.com/there-was-a-problem-resetting-your-pc/

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

alt+f10 keys must be pressed at boot and you need to check if the option is enabled on BIOS.

so press F2 at boot to enter BIOS and check if D2D recovery is enabled, then press F10 to save and exit.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Jacky161
    I am doing it at boot and I checked the bios and it’s on.
  • daikin990
    daikin990 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓

This is an easy way help you can resolve "There was a problem resetting your PC" problem, you can use usb boot Windows 10 then use CMD to set custom recovery image location.

Step 1. Go to C: drive.
    Step 2. Here, you create WIN-RECOVERY folder.
    Step 3: Then, download Windows 10 ISO image Sources folder, copy the Install.WIM file to WIN-RECOVERY folder.
    Step 4. Start Command Prompt as an Administrator. type REAGENTC /INFO and press Enter. You will see that Recovery Image Location was missing.
    Step 6. To set your custom recovery path, you type the following command

reagentc /SetOSImage /Path C:\WIN-Recovery\install.wim /Index 1

Restart your PC and check if the problem is resolved.

Read more : http://howtoinstallwindows10.com/there-was-a-problem-resetting-your-pc/

• Jacky161
    Will doing this install the factory acer applications when I reset?
  • Jacky161
    I’ve done a bit more research that I’m supposed to have a PQService partition but I don’t have one. The only recovery partition I have is 1gb not 18gb or whatever. I’ve also looked on another thread which says that windows 10 laptops don’t need a PQService partition since it builds it from system files. I’m guessing that if that is true then if I reset using the WIN-RECOVERY method above then it will still restore the acer factory applications.
    BTW: I tried the win recovery thing and it doesn’t say that it there was a problem now I just need to know if it’s just going to be like a clean install or with all the acer apps like care centre.

Thread:
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Aspire-Windows-10-Alt-F10-recovery-disc-to-disc/m-p/417847

Look on Post 5
  • clouttechie
    clouttechie Member Posts: 1 New User
    I too have faced this issue before. I followed the steps I shared below to fix There was a problem resetting your PC error.

One of the following steps will sort out the problem:
    1.Scan For Corrupted System Files
    2.Recover Your Windows