AMD Driver Aspire E1-572G

Samega7Cattac
Samega7Cattac Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi Acer Community. (sorry for my bad english)

I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G (i7, 16Gb RAM) with Windows 10.

I'm having some issues with the AMD Graphic card (AMD R7 M265).

I just can't find the drivers on the Acer website. And when I try to install from the AMD website the laptop become so slow and having some bugs (e.g PC don't sleep completely, always have the leds and fans on).

The Acer website have a warning saying if some drivers aren't in the list just run Windows Update. But, I need the AMD Control Center to change what application use wich grapich card. (NO, the PC don't do that automaticaly)

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I personally am not an Acer rep. Did look but either I lack access or it is just not there. If I read correctly that system was win8 based with upgrade eligible support to Win10. This stated I do not see Win10 anniversary compatible. The AMD compatible driver is very generic and will cause some issues. While Acer site suggest letting Win10 update the missing drivers it too has limits especially if this system is not Win10 anniversary compatible.  My suggestion would be to go back to Win8 to gain full function. I myself have a 2000$ plus Alienware brick at this point that can run nothing but Win7 so it sits on a shelf collecting dust. Maybe one of the Acer reps has internal info to support Win10 properly in your case.