2 COMPUTERS ONE DEVICE

kimmeko
kimmeko Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello all. I recently needed to reset my pc from a usb. I had to creat a usb from a friend pc. Once I was able to get my system back up windows shows my pc as my friends model and not mine. Also when trying to access files from Acer portal it reregistered my pc with my frinds pc model. I changed the name back to the original name but acer portal still only shows my friends system and not my original. How can i restore my original system? I have did a reset to factory setting (keep my files option). but no change to my original system. I havwe posted a screen shot of the issues I have. If you look at the acer portal that is the pc I Have. Also if you look at the about it has a different type of pc with the specs of mine. It is because of this I cant get to my files on the abApps. please help. Thank you in advance!

kimmeko

Screenshot (2).png

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• TeresaHsu
    TeresaHsu Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter

Hi kimmeko,

If you want to change the name of PC showed in Acer Portal, please right-click [This PC] > tap [Properties] > change the name of your PC. Then restart your PC. After that, the name of PC showed in Acer Portal will be also changed.

To access and sync files via Acer BYOC Apps, you need to keep signing in the same Acer ID on your devices. So please check Acer ID on your PC is yours and correct. You can also use other devices to browse all the files on your PC via abFiles, please refer to the Tutorial video.

If the above cannot help you, I will really appreciate it if you could reply us with more information such as the screenshot you referred to let us help you more effectively. Thank you!

Acer BYOC Apps Support

• kimmeko

Thank you for your reply. I know how to change the name of my pc its a bigger problem i think. i have posted the screenshot to help. thank you again

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Try removing your friend's PC from link devices.

Capture.JPG

• kimmeko

That is my pc but his OS. so the pc HP83MM8E is what got registered after I reset my pc and logged back in to abApps portal. It should have just loaded my original, IBOQTQKC but it didnt. so that is my problem. If i remove the one selected in the photo I would be removing my laptop because the portal cant find my original OS.