new f5-573g-56sh Battery life

Abdul7019
Abdul7019 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone ,Model F15 F5-573g

Whats the battery life u are getting on full charge , as my new laptop doesnt evn hold for 2:30 hrs

This is a new laptop with 7th gen processor . company claims of a 7hr battery life .

so i atleast should get a 5hr backup on a laptop of this configration 

i have kept it on minimum brightness and even calliberated the battery but it clearly hasnt worked.

Any  help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• dougc
    dougc Member Posts: 82 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Your  'twin'    must ah posted a couple hrs later; 

Ref. http://community.acer.com/t5/forums/editpage/board-id/e-m-series/message-id/20786

Without chking via search,  with keywords   Smiley Happy

nite,

D'

• LeonLee
    LeonLee Member Posts: 6 New User
    7 hrs is maximum battery life, mean your battery option should choose power save option get maximum battery life, but now you are choosing performance option.
  • Abdul7019

Hey there,

i have put the battery on balanced mode as preferred and also my brightness is set to 20% 

according to the claim of 7hrs i must actually get more then that as my brightness is very low.

i have no heavy programs running and also wifi is turned off mostly.

using your suggestion i turned the batt saver on and the time remaining actually went down to 58 mins from when it was hovering around 2-3hrs

• Abdul7019

hahaha....

NOT MY TWIN it was me actually i wasnt able to find my earlier post so i made another attempt.

Checked your log, OMG that was some serious work you did.

I feel i made a mistake choosing acer over HP which was offer similar specs but only the graphics was 2 Gb.

I dont know if my vendor is as cooperative as yours.

wish me luck!!

• dougc
    dougc Member Posts: 82 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Good  Luck !!!!

sent you name of the regional vendor .... as i think they frown on naming vendors on the forum.      this one (plus majority of others) state  quite clearly 14 days refund o exchange for computer tech',   as mentioned i did a 'reset PC'  and packed them up as received except for the tape seal of course).

I guess ya did not YouTube search field,  F5-573G unboxing,  otherwise ya might have seen ref. to my  "log",    previously to acquiring your unit  Smiley Wink

BTW, the vendors'   contractor who  censures submitted product reviews did not approve of my nicely done but  one star review !!

Adios,

D'

• Abdul7019

No actually i didnt search about this laptop i just went with the "specs". There another model of hp with same price but less graphics so bought this instead.

After the complaint there was an engineer that came to check the laptop and found that the battery life which was supposed to be at around 50 cycles was just at 5 .

So he himself has raised an order, waiting for the approval since wednessday.

But thanks for the help 

Regards