enable bluetooth acer aspire e1-532-2616

truckermikemct
truckermikemct Member Posts: 10 New User

I can't seem to locate in control panel how to enable the bluetooth. I restored my laptop to factory a few weeks ago and haven't been able to use bluetooth since.

Thank you

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Did you try installing the BT driver from here?

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• truckermikemct

Under device manager/network adapters, it lists Qualcomm Atheros ar 956x wireless network adaptor. Do I need more than this? I have reformatted to factory before and had no problems accessing bluetooth. If I search control panel for "turn on bluetooth", I get no results. I had results in the past after a factoty default reformat. I will click the link that you sent and see if that works.

Thank you very much.

• philetus

Are you using Windows 8 or 8.1?

• truckermikemct
    I have Windows 7. I ordered it special because I don't like Windows 8/8.1.

Thanks
  • philetus

Try tapping Fn+F3.

Go to Acer and install the chipset driver and the Atheros BT driver.

It may help to install the 2.17 bios update also if you are not already there.

• truckermikemct

Thanks for the Fn-F3 shortcut. I was able to turn on the bluetooth. Unfortunately, I am still unable to make my laptop discoverable. I believe that I downloaded some generic bluetooth adaptor and drivers. I should uninstall them and re-install the drivers and adapter from the Acer website.

Thanks again

• truckermikemct

Thanks to all who tried to assist me concerning my bluetooth issue. I decided to reset my laptop to factory and that remedied the problem. The bluetooth is working fine after the reset.

Thanks again.