aspire vx 15 touchpad multitouch doesn't work

hrezataheri
hrezataheri Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

hi guys. i've recently bought a new aspire vx 15 and installed windows 10 on it, but touchpad multitouch gestures (such as double finger scroll) doesn't work. i tried to install touchpad drivers (both elantech and synaptics) from acer site but nothing changed.

as you can see here, even after installing new drivers and restart, nothing changed in touchpad properties:
Untitled.png

i'm really confused right now and i don't know what to do. please help

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Go to BIOS settings(click F2 at start), in Main tab check whether you have Basic mode for Touchpad, if it is, switch to Advanced mode, save the settings and exit.

PIC_2111.JPG

• hrezataheri
    hrezataheri Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you dude! It worked well after that!
  • Kushan
    Kushan Member Posts: 4 New User
    I also had the same problem in my Asphire e 15 e5 575g.. i've searched allover the internet and finally found the solution from you... thank you.. <3 <3 <3 you are a miracle!! just 10 sec spend to fix it.. :) :) :)
  • brummyfan2
    Kushan said:
    I also had the same problem in my Asphire e 15 e5 575g.. i've searched allover the internet and finally found the solution from you... thank you.. <3<3<3 you are a miracle!! just 10 sec spend to fix it.. :):):)

You are welcome :)
  • Tushar_Bansal
    Tushar_Bansal Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2018
    I have an acer aspire A515-51G-5621. My touchpad scroll bar is not working. I tried going in the BIOS mode and changing the mode from basic to advanced. But instead of improving, the touchpad stopped working at all. As a result I shifted back to basic mode. Please provide some solution @brummyfan2
  • brummyfan2
    edited January 2018
    I have an acer aspire A515-51G-5621. My touchpad scroll bar is not working. I tried going in the BIOS mode and changing the mode from basic to advanced. But instead of improving, the touchpad stopped working at all. As a result I shifted back to basic mode. Please provide some solution @brummyfan2

Could you please leave the Touchpad in Basic mode, go to Device manager, expand Mice and and other Pointing Devices, highlight and right click HID compliant Mouse, Properties and Driver tab, uninstall the driver and reboot to let Windows install the driver.        
    Then go to Device manager, expand Human Interface Devices, uninstall the driver for Synaptics or if it's Elantech, reboot and let Windows install @brummyfan2
    You have to switch to Advanced mode after reinstalling both drivers.     

• mjalili27
    mjalili27 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

Go to BIOS settings(click F2 at start), in Main tab check whether you have Basic mode for Touchpad, if it is, switch to Advanced mode, save the settings and exit.

PIC_2111.JPG

thanks man i had this problem for 6 month :) it solved
  • brummyfan2
    mjalili27 said:

Hi,

PIC_2111.JPG

thanks man i had this problem for 6 month :) it solved
    You are welcome :)
  • amit190732
    amit190732 Member Posts: 2 New User
    when i was going to change setting from basic to advance some instruction written on top right corner that before changing setting make sure that 12c driver is install or else touchpad won't work
  • amit190732
    amit190732 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Even after changing to advance my touch gestures won't work
  • akkibhargava
    akkibhargava Member Posts: 2 New User
    @brummyfan2 I have an Acer NITRO 5 AN515-51-5987, I Tried your above cited method but instead of HID-compliant mouse it was showing PS/2 Compatible Mouse, so I uninstlled it  and changed it to advanced seetings but it didn't work. 
    "make sure that 12c driver is install or else touchpad won't work"
    this is written when I tried to change it to advanced mode. Please help. 
  • brummyfan2
    edited July 2018
    @brummyfan2 I have an Acer NITRO 5 AN515-51-5987, I Tried your above cited method but instead of HID-compliant mouse it was showing PS/2 Compatible Mouse, so I uninstlled it  and changed it to advanced seetings but it didn't work. 
    "make sure that 12c driver is install or else touchpad won't work"
    this is written when I tried to change it to advanced mode. Please help. 
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Human Interface Device, highlight and right click I2C HID device, go to Properties and uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver. Could you please check under Human Interface devices you have Synaptics HID Device( as in my snip) or Elan HID device.
    You could also try reinstalling Serial IO Driver after downloading from Acer Support site, go to Device manager, expand System Devices, right click Intel Serial I2C host controller, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, install the downloaded driver.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7312?b=1

• brummyfan2
    Even after changing to advance my touch gestures won't work
    Please follow the instructions in the above post.

• calyndeloaz
    calyndeloaz Member Posts: 2 New User
    hello, i cant do what you instructed there because there is no hid-device under mouse and other pointers, in basic touchpad, elantech device is seen but when in advanced, there's nothing.

there's also no elan hid device under hid in both basic and advanced touchpad setting. My i2c hid device in advanced touchpad has an exclamation point.

here's the device manager in advanced

• brummyfan2
    edited July 2019
    hello, i cant do what you instructed there because there is no hid-device under mouse and other pointers, in basic touchpad, elantech device is seen but when in advanced, there's nothing.

there's also no elan hid device under hid in both basic and advanced touchpad setting. My i2c hid device in advanced touchpad has an exclamation point.

Hi,
    Could you please post the Laptop model name.

• calyndeloaz
    calyndeloaz Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,
    Could you please post the Laptop model name.

same as the poster, aspire vx 15
  • zweckform
    zweckform Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2020
    Writing from my cellphone now.

I had the same problem, so I switched touchpad mode to advanced. Somehow after that Windows didn't start anymore, I just get a screen with the options to start Acer Linux or troubleshooting.

Switching back to basic didn't help, the options after starting stay the same.

How do I get Windows back? Also aspire vx 15