aspire e15 no wake up after unplanned 'sleep'

TessaMary
TessaMary Member Posts: 68 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Laptop goes black before time set in power +sleep settings. Cant get it working, no matter what buttons i push. Even on power cable.

Have to completely sut down, by 10 secs on powerbutton and restart all over again! Very annoying!

Answers

• TessaMary

still no reaction, too bad...

would like to add that the latest bios version is installed last week.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

download this tool, whocrashed:
    http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe

before running it, browse to C:\windows\minidump
    delete all files apart the first 2-3 files (newest)
    then install whocrashed and run it
    click on Analyze
    report here the result.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • TessaMary

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump
    Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.
    No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

We checked out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.

We get the impression that the computer is still running (the blue light continues burning) but the screen just wont get lit again

• TessaMary

your computer crashed
    2 crash dump files:
    1- This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C580)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFA40DC6FC8A40, 0xFFFFF801F2CF8870, 0xFFFFA40DC8DD7650)
    Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

2- This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFA40DC6FC8A40, 0xFFFFF801F2CF8870, 0xFFFFA40DC8DD7650)
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

• IronFly

have you installed the latest BIOS?

you asked about BIOS updates but i don't know if you already updated or not.

please install quick access too:

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Quick%20Access/Quick%20Access_Acer_2.01.3012_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636312032982638230&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E5-575&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

• TessaMary

v1.27 bios was installed some time ago yes.

• TessaMary

quick access installed just now, what to do with that?

• IronFly

nothing, just check if it still goes to deep sleep.

as whocrashed reported there's something wrong on the power settings and Acer quick settings sometimes has a power plan, depends on which model.

• TessaMary

Unfortunately the bloody machine still get stuck, any idea?

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.
    On Tue 26/09/2017 01:24:43 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092517-7671-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C580)
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    On Tue 26/09/2017 01:24:43 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)

• IHaveAnIdead
    IHaveAnIdead Member Posts: 2 New User
    I know this is an old thread but I just bought a new Acer Aspire E5-576 and was having issues with it not waking from sleep right out of the box. I own another Acer that is exactly the same model but it doesn't have this issue. I found a solution that works for me.  Make sure all the Windows updates are installed.  Seems simple but there is a rather large one that takes about 4-6 hours to install from start to finish.  Every time the laptop goes to sleep it crashes the install and it needs to start from scratch.  

I ended up going into my display settings and turning sleep to 'never' and screen off to 'never'.  Then I prompted Windows to check for updates.  Then let the computer do its thing.  Knock on wood it seems to have fixed the issues.  I was able to return the sleep and screen off settings back to normal options after.
  • IHaveAnIdead
    IHaveAnIdead Member Posts: 2 New User
    Correction - I can now sleep and wake when it is on battery power only.  But still doesn't work when the power cable is plugged in.  Temp work around is going into display settings - power & sleep - and setting screen turn off while plugged in to 'never'. After playing around it seems to be when the screen shuts off but it is still awake that it won't come back.  
  • haroldg12
    haroldg12 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the same issue as "IHaveAnIdead" because my issue only happens when my laptop is plugged in.  When its on battery, everything is fine.  what could be causing the issue?