My Bluetooth disappeared on Aspire E 15, E5-575G-53VG.

Murph
Murph Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2018 in Aspire Laptops

I was using my bluetooth mouse when all of a sudden it quit working.  It's not the battery.  I went to settings to remove to mouse from bluetooth devices and then "find" it again.  But in the middle of removing the mouse from bluetooth settings, all of a sudden my entire bluetooth disappeared.  Twice I restarted the computer, looked for bluetooth, and couldn't find it both times.  Please send help!

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Make sure Airplane mode is not enabled or on because that will also disable Bluetooth as well as wifi. If that is not the case, here is a link that you might find helpful: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/bluetooth-icon-missing-in-settings-windows-10/51345ec9-b475-4d45-ade5-4e34e15ef41e. 

• MikeInJax
    MikeInJax Member Posts: 1 New User
    Well that link might have worked when you left it, but it appears to have been moved or deleted by Microsoft.

(and yes I am having the same problem with my E5-575-33BM).
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    MikeInJax said:
    Well that link might have worked when you left it, but it appears to have been moved or deleted by Microsoft.

(and yes I am having the same problem with my E5-575-33BM).

Hi,
    You can switch off Airplane mode by clicking the notification icon in the taskbar, then check whether the BT is switched on under Devices by selecting Devices in settings.

• autopatch
    autopatch Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2018
    Whenever this happens, the Bluetooth "On/Off" button is absent and in Device Manager I'm receiving the following:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver on several occasions with only temporary success. About two or three weeks later it happens again.

The mouse and keyboard work fine for a while, and then one day it stops working suddenly with the above error message. The only thing that clears it is a cold boot power cycle.
  • pjzahra
    pjzahra Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Bluetooth "On/Off" button is absent and in Device Manager I'm receiving the following:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver on several occasions with no success. 

The mouse and keyboard work fine for a while, and then one day it stops working suddenly with the above error message.
  • diverge
    diverge Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Bluetooth has also disappeared!! What is up with this? My mouse was working just fine, then suddenly stopped. Turned out that the Bluetooth just... went away. Pretty ridiculous.
  • ElaineK
    ElaineK Member Posts: 3 New User
    What is up with this? Did anyone find a solution about this? I uninstall and reinstall the driver and get the bluetooth to work and then a few days/weeks later the bluetooth disappears from settings. I bought this pc for my wife as a gift and it is really turning out to be a nuisance. there is no ON/OFF in settings to turn it back on and Flight mode is not ON. 
  • ElaineK
    diverge said:
    My Bluetooth has also disappeared!! What is up with this? My mouse was working just fine, then suddenly stopped. Turned out that the Bluetooth just... went away. Pretty ridiculous.
    How come no one is finding a solution for this and how come ACER is not posting a repair for this problem? Same problem where BT button disappears and it is not the Airplane mode that is ON!
  • ElaineK
    pjzahra said:
    My Bluetooth "On/Off" button is absent and in Device Manager I'm receiving the following:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver on several occasions with no success. 

The mouse and keyboard work fine for a while, and then one day it stops working suddenly with the above error message.
    How come no one is finding a solution for this and how come ACER is not posting a repair for this problem? Same problem where BT button disappears and it is not the Airplane mode that is ON!
  • igiopi
    igiopi Member Posts: 1 New User
    ElaineK said:
    What is up with this? Did anyone find a solution about this? I uninstall and reinstall the driver and get the bluetooth to work and then a few days/weeks later the bluetooth disappears from settings. I bought this pc for my wife as a gift and it is really turning out to be a nuisance. there is no ON/OFF in settings to turn it back on and Flight mode is not ON. 
    I had the same problem. Fixed it by downloading Bluetooth drivers again.
    I have been using scp-toolkit to pair ps-controllers to my computer. That might have been the reason why the Bluetooth broke since it downloaded drivers automatically on start-up.
    If you have similar (or any kind of) apps on your computer that download drivers automatically try checking them.
  • Tascha
    Tascha Member Posts: 1 New User
    had this happen on my Aspire e5-576.  looks like the fix is the following steps (and yes it worked)

1 unplug power cord and closed laptop lid/screen
    2 using a paperclip push the reset button on the underside for the battery
    3 hold for 30 sec (may or may not be necessary)
    4 restart laptop and everything was fine

don't know if this will work for everyone and No idea why it worked for me *shrug*