Half the speed

stayprivate
stayprivate Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Got this Acer E1-432P that's been eating dust for a while now, one reason is that is darn slow and all my attent to solved this failed.  Now on a rainy day I decided to try my luck here.

What my observation shows is that the CPU ratio never gets to be above x8 so it runs always at 800Mzh instead of the maximum of the Pentium 3556u which is 1.7G.    Originaly the laptop come with Windows 8, when it was updated to Windows I had hope it would solved this but no.  Just before posting this I tried updating the bios, but I get a message "DNS name does not exist" then I press a key to continue as suggested but the windows closes right away, too fast for me to read what appears to be an error message.  So that's a fail.

I check the usual stuff, like power setting, bios setting, but I'm out of ideas.

Answers

• stayprivate
    stayprivate Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you, but I'm not sure what you intend me to find there. I already grabbed the BIOS stuff from this exact URL, but i was not able to perform the update.

The driver does not apply because Windows 10 has found all necessary driver.

I will get the manual and see if there is any mention of that issue.

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

If it were mine I would do a fresh clean install of Windows 10 from a media type I made myself, like a DVD or USB.  Downloading the creator tool and iso from Microsoft.

I would also try a live version of Linux Mint to see if it would run faster.  Split my HDD into smaller parts to ease future adjustments.

But I do not know your mind set or skill set so I am wary of suggesting anything.