E15 E5 575-5476 screen upgrade

Plusaq
Plusaq Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone,

Recently I came accross a few posts of people switching out their stock screens on their E5 575 for 1080p IPS displays. I wanted to know if this would be possible on my model which was stock with non HD display. Also could you recommend any possible screen models that would be compatible.

Would there be a problem with battery drain after the upgrade given the higher quality of the display.

Thanks for the information

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Plusaq wrote:

sorry for posting another question. a seller of the  AUO B156HAN01.2 told me that since my current screen is not FHD only 1366x768 that i would need to switch my video cable which is only one channel to two channel cable to support the FHD 1080p. could someone please debunk this for me if it is false, i was under the impression that people successfully switched from HD to FHD no problem. 

Regards

I don't think that you need to change the cable.

EDIT: You may get a scrambled page once you installed the screen, reboot the laptop, windows will find the appropriate driver and install.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can upgrade the screen, if you say other people have done. I don't know what is the model number of the display.

Higher quality display draws more power, therefore you will have less battery life if you change the display.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Plusaq wrote:

Hello everyone,

Recently I came accross a few posts of people switching out their stock screens on their E5 575 for 1080p IPS displays. I wanted to know if this would be possible on my model which was stock with non HD display. Also could you recommend any possible screen models that would be compatible.

Would there be a problem with battery drain after the upgrade given the higher quality of the display.

Thanks for the information

Hi,

Yes, you can change the display to a FHD screen, I would suggest the screens in the link below, you may go for any brand according to your needs except Chi Mei which I don't like at all. 

http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=19049,26390

• Plusaq

Thank you for the replies. I could not find the part number of my current laptop. But i will go with the recommendations you guys have provided. Have a good day!

• Plusaq

Out of curiosity, what is the main difference between the two panels you provided>? The AUO is more expensive than the BOE and specs seem very similar. Is it because the AUO is discontinued?

• Plusaq

sorry for posting another question. a seller of the  AUO B156HAN01.2 told me that since my current screen is not FHD only 1366x768 that i would need to switch my video cable which is only one channel to two channel cable to support the FHD 1080p. could someone please debunk this for me if it is false, i was under the impression that people successfully switched from HD to FHD no problem. 

Regards

• Hi,

There are slight differences between them, brightness(300cd vs 250cd(, gamut(72% vs 45%), contrast ratio etc. AUO is more recognised than BOE which is comparatively a newer manufacturer, I guess.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Plusaq wrote:

Regards

I don't think that you need to change the cable.

EDIT: You may get a scrambled page once you installed the screen, reboot the laptop, windows will find the appropriate driver and install.

• To complete the brummyfan2's reply:

This FHD model has the same motherboard and the same LCD cable as yours so no problems.

France