Booting Windows for Acer Aspire ES 15 Problem

markusdey10
markusdey10 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

So im trying to install windows xp ( yes ik ) for certain reasons on my acer aspire es 15 , So i get this screen , everything seems to go in a good wayimage

25 seconds into the setup however this screen changes to a BSOD which is this one

I read that to fix it i need to change my SATA Settings and that is a 100% fix , however in my BIOS Settings i only have 4 tabs 

Information
Main

Security
Boot
Exit

None of them contain the SATA settings configuration , Im kinda stuck right now . please help

Thank you

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

Are you trying to install a fresh version of XP?

If so what is it replacing?

What is the end result you want to achieve?

• markusdey10

Yes a fresh version , there is no Operating system on the laptop as we speak , used to be windows 10 .

Best i have achieved is going through the Windows setup screen for 30/35 seconds and then getting the BSOD again

• markusdey10

So Any news about this Smiley Tongue ?

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

I ask why you NEED XP installed rather than W10?  What are you trying to achieve?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you need XP to manage old CNC machines or parallel ports, as i suggested in the past, buy a second hand laptop or desktop, it will be way better.

XP will not install on your laptop, since it's not be able to managet the chipset (missing drivers support).

I'm not an Acer employee.