Beep sound in startup F5-573G

IdeoG
IdeoG Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, 
I'm using my Aspire F15 F5-573G for a while. Sometimes i have to load additional OS on my usb flash drive. Then my additional OS loading, there is disgusting beep sound at startup. I searched at BIOS options and other forums, but no luck.
How can i turn off this sound? 
Best regrets,
Alex

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    When you boot up the system firstly it quickly does some diagnostics of the hardware. One beep means that the tests were successful and no errors were found.

I don't think there is a way to turn of this beeping as it is an important code. The beeping tells you(if you know what the series of beeps mean) in what condition the system is and what type of error it gets if it doesn't boot up to windows, doesn't boot up at all etc.

Edit: You can look in BIOS, there might be a setting for quiet start-up or something similar to switch it off.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• IdeoG

Hello, ven98.

I ddin't found any fast boot properties or somethings similar in my BIOS. There ar'nt any settings for fast boot or something similar.
    It's really annoying to hear that disgusting beep sound every time..

Best regards, 
    Alex.

• Hi,

Have you tried disabling Windows start-up sound?

Capture.JPG

• IdeoG

Hi, brummyfan2.
    Thank you for you response. But there is some problem, I'm using Ubuntu 17.04. Windows isn't good solution for me. I have searched about similiar option in linux, but it has only log in startup sound. In my case, i have to turn off sound in a boot.
    Best regards,
    Alex.

• IdeoG wrote:

Hi, brummyfan2.
    Thank you for you response. But there is some problem, I'm using Ubuntu 17.04. Windows isn't good solution for me. I have searched about similiar option in linux, but it has only log in startup sound. In my case, i have to turn off sound in a boot.
    Best regards,
    Alex.

Hi,

OK, I am not familiar with Ubuntu and please wait for the response from others.

• IdeoG

Still waiting..