Aspire vn7-791 suddenly turned off, won't turn back on

will2555
will2555 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I was playing a game, when suddenly my laptop turned off, as though it were a desktop and the power went out. I've tried unplugging the charger and pressing/holding the power button in every combination I can think of, but it still refuses to turn on. The charging LEDs do not turn on when the charger is plugged in. The battery is not removable. My warranty expired about a year ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Try resetting the battery. Stick a paper clip into the battery reset pinhole. It is located somewhere at the back of the laptop and it has a label next to it (you will have to find it). The laptop should not be connected to charger! After you press it leave the laptop for 10 minutes and then press the power button for 30 seconds.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• will2555
    will2555 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for your suggestion, but this did not solve my issue
  • JamesC2705
    JamesC2705 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, im having the same issue with my laptop. Did you manage to get anywhere with yours?
  • Kurbads
    Kurbads Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same issue here, it was sudden, no signs of life 
  • Nomeinon
    Nomeinon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi any luck?, this just happened to me was playing a game of rainbow six and randomly shut down, no LED for power or charge turns on and the battery reset button at back isnt working either
  • fourthpanda
    fourthpanda Member Posts: 3 New User
    will2555 said:
    I was playing a game, when suddenly my laptop turned off, as though it were a desktop and the power went out. I've tried unplugging the charger and pressing/holding the power button in every combination I can think of, but it still refuses to turn on. The charging LEDs do not turn on when the charger is plugged in. The battery is not removable. My warranty expired about a year ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Same exact issue as everyone above, with my VN7-791G-76Z8 laptop. Just like Noeinon battery reset isn't working either. Is there a number we can call??? Every thread is left black after someone suggests battery reset so nothing useful on these forums.
  • Fivesmaster
    Fivesmaster Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

This is just happened to my laptop as well any suggestions or updates?