Aspire VN7-791 Slow Performance on ANY 3d Application

isabellecornels
isabellecornels Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello Guys, so I Recently started using my laptop to do some gaming and CAD design, and I noticed a VERY low FPS(Frames-per-second) count, most of the time when playing a game (CSGO, Overwatch, Payday2, ETC) It runs on 12 to 24 FPS wich should not happen since it's a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 860M.

I also Updated my BIOS just like some other users on this very forum where told to do, Screenshot Bellow.155474da-af77-4ef0-b04a-7d8130159ea9.jpg

I would really like some help with this because, this laptop is now kinda useless if I can't play nor design with it. 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

You are probably running the games with the intergrated gpu(Intel Hd graphics). In order to run with the GTX 860M open nvidia control panel then open 3d settings and from preferred graphics processor choose high performance nvidia.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• isabellecornels
    isabellecornels Member Posts: 2 New User

I did for sometime now, same thing it's happening, my FPS is Still 12 to 24 FPS.

NVIDIA PROCESSORNVIDIA PROCESSOR