Acer E5-511 VGA connector

A1anf
A1anf Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have just had cause to connect my laptop to a VGA projector using a long lead. - NOTHING.  Moving closer to the projector and a short lead, and all is good, but I need to be on the long lead as the projector is ceiling mounted, above the audience.

My retired HP laptop - which will not run some of the software I need to project - works fine on the long lead.

Is there any way to up the output from the VGA port to support long leads?? - and no, HDMI is not possible as the projector does not support HDMI.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

You need a VGA signal amplifier with a high quality cable. For example:

https://images.static-thomann.de/pics/atg/atgdata/document/specs/137427_p2da1_p2da1usbreva.pdf

But it's a bit expensive. Low price = bad quality.

France
  • A1anf
    A1anf Member Posts: 2 New User

While that is an answer, and would probably work, I guess the main question is "Why does the laptop not drive this without an amplifier??"

It was embarrasing having to beg to use someone elses laptop to be able to give my presentation on what is after all a standard installation of a conference room with ceiling mounted projector with hidden wiring.

Surely VGA is VGA from ANY laptop, and should be able to work in standard rooms!!??