Acer Aspire E15 (E5-575-79P6) - how to remove / change battery

Mosey
Mosey Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2017 in Aspire Laptops

Hi, I just bought the Acer Aspire E15 (E5-575-79P6) notebook. I was not ware that the battery can`t be taken out - at least I cant find a way to open the back of the computer to take out the battery.

Is there a way to take out the battery while working at home to enhance the life cycle of the battery?

If not, can the battery - once it will be finished - be replaced and how much costs I do have to expect for this?

Is there a software provided by Acer where I can choose if the computer charges from the power outlet only in order to enhance the life cycle of the battery?

I just can not imagine that Acer provides only the alternatives to run the notebook only from the battery or to run it from the power outlet which means that the battery will be automatically charged.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer

Hi,

I don't think you need to take out the battery, a battery lasted until the end of(life) in one of my previous laptops(about 6yrs), another battery has only 4% wear level after 2yrs. It's up to you what you decide but the modern laptops are designed to use without removing battery.

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

An in addition current laptops (Acer for sure) will not turn on without battery detected and in working order. Kinda a saftey thing to prevent battery caused problems like fires, explosions and such. It is replaceable accessed by removal of bottom cover. There is a reset hole for paper clip if charge state gets misreported to bios thus effectively messing up boot up. 

• docmike
    docmike Member Posts: 5 New User

An in addition current laptops (Acer for sure) will not turn on without battery detected and in working order. Kinda a saftey thing to prevent battery caused problems like fires, explosions and such. It is replaceable accessed by removal of bottom cover. There is a reset hole for paper clip if charge state gets misreported to bios thus effectively messing up boot up. 

Where is the reset hole? My Aspire E5-575-33BM failed to boot up again after attempting to install another major Windows 10 update and is locked on the opening picture. 
  • brummyfan2
    edited May 2022
    docmike said:

Where is the reset hole? My Aspire E5-575-33BM failed to boot up again after attempting to install another major Windows 10 update and is locked on the opening picture. 
    Hi,
    It's just below the screw at the centre.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

• docmike
    Thanks. Does it matter if I turn it off first or can I reset it with it stuck on the opening picture for Windows?
  • docmike
    The paperclip worked, and that was a pretty dumbquestion wasn't it? Many thanks!
  • docmike said:
    Thanks. Does it matter if I turn it off first or can I reset it with it stuck on the opening picture for Windows?
    Hi,
    Yes, you have to switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains and carry out the battery reset.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • docmike
    Well I did have it unplugged but it didn't sit for 5 minutes before it started to work again, it was almost immediate. 
  • VegasWhoa
    VegasWhoa Member Posts: 79 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited May 2022
    docmike said:

Hi,

If you take off the RAM cover, there is a black button, do you know what its purpose is?

thanks

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

• brummyfan2
    VegasWhoa said:
    docmike said:

Hi,

If you take off the RAM cover, there is a black button, do you know what its purpose is?

thanks
    That switches off the power to the motherboard from battery.
  • Jazbee
    Jazbee Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey,I take off RAM cover and fix as it is.now I facings No battery present problem.
  • JohnnySW4
    JohnnySW4 Member Posts: 2 New User
    The paperclip worked straight away. Brilliant. Didn't have to unscrew anything.