Acer AsPire E15 will not start

Loopygram
Loopygram Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

on Saturday past, my laptop froze. I waited a few minutes to see if it would unfreeze but it didn't.

Needless to say I shut it down with the power button and since then it won't start all, no lights flash or anything.  I cant take the battery out because it's inside of the laptop.

Please somebody help.  it's driving me nuts :-)

Loopy

Answers

• Trikein
    Trikein Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

I would suggest trying the battery reset procedure. 

1. Unplug AC power adapter.
    2. Locate the battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the computer.
    3. Insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole. Hold the reset button for 4 seconds.
    4. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power.
    5. Connect the AC adapter and power on the system

Also make sure the AC is connected directly to a wall electical socket at step 5. If that doesn't work, try to listen for any noises the laptop makes when you press the power button. If nothing else, you should hear the hard drive try to start up. If you don't then it's possible hardware failure. Any problems before this one like a hot power supply or crashes?

• gogeko34
    gogeko34 Member Posts: 7 New User
    I'm having the same problem with my laptop. Prior to this the battery did seem to get low quickly. I tried the battery reset but nothing happened. There's no light indicating that the battery has any power or that it's charging. There were no crashes or software problems that I could detect prior to this problem. Laptop is still under Acer warranty and I purchased an extended warrenty. 

Not sure what I should do now. 
  • gogeko34
    gogeko34 Member Posts: 7 New User
    I have an Acer Aspire e15 model e5-575g-53vg
  • JMoreno
    JMoreno Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem but with e14 e5-475G. I brought it to the service center and they told me that they have to replace the motherboard. If your laptop is still under the warranty, they will replace it for free but it may take some time, if not, a post from another thread says that it will cost 15k-20k Php (300-400 USD).
  • Angel01
    Angel01 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a problem in my laptop for 2 months i wasnt able to use it. Now when i'm trying to open it it doesnt open. When i will try to open it a blue light will come out for only 3seconds then it will turn off. The screen wont open also. Please help
  • mperezll
    mperezll Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, i have the same problem with laptop Acer-Aspire-e5-575g-i7-7500u, today turn on and nothing. The laptop was power-off about two months and careful packed. The indicator lights are off (blue / orange). Please a recommended Acer tech service in Santiago-Chile ?