windows corrupt?

iikii
iikii Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, my computer has this problem.

I can't open the control panel, it is not responsing. I can't copy/paste files or tranfering files so i cant make any backup. Cant make new folders too. I tried using safe mode but it's still the same thing.

Anyone know what's this about?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

This could happen when the computer is infected with virus or corrupted OS system files.

It would be helpful if you provide more infromation on operating system installed on your computer.

If it is windows 7, you may perform recovery from hard disk partition.

You need to backup your personal data before proceeding with system recovery.

Use the following steps to start the system recovery:

1. Restart the computer.
    2. When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys.
    3. If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key.
    4. After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.
    5. Read the notice, and then click Next when you are ready.
    6. Click Next to begin the restore process.

The above steps will install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system.

• iikii

i am using windows 8 desktop.

It's difficult for me to backup my files when i can't even copy the files.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

You may try to restart the computer and then keep tapping the F8 key to enter Safe mode and backup the data to CD/DVD, an External HDD or a USB stick.

• iikii

Safe mode is no use too, i can't copy/paste files.

Today it seem to get worse, the internet connection is working fine but my web pages won't load. Firefox,chrome, none of them is working. Now i am using my laptop.

Is it a malware, virus? or a corrupt window as he mentioned? I have done a full scan using mcafee but it didn;t find anything.

This discussion has been closed.