firefox

MJP
MJP Member Posts: 2 New User

Have a DA220HQL all-in-one. I've installed Firefox but can't get a home page.

Answers

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

MJP

I've never really had Firefox work properly for me ( on a number of computers).

I have therefore made the executive decision to not ever use it. Life is too short to spend time on making apparently unsatisfactory software work properly.  If you want to lessen your annoyances, I suggest that you uninstall and learn to live without it.

Leho

• Juzzo
    Juzzo Member Posts: 117 Troubleshooter

Can you be a little more specific?

What do you mean by "Cant get a home page"?

What happens when you launch Firefox?

• MJP
    MJP Member Posts: 2 New User

I very happily use Firefox as browser on two PCs using Windows 7 and Vista. I can set the default home page (I use Fox News) and save links as bookmarks to go where ever I need to go. When I launch the executable for Firefox on the Acer All in One(Android) I am sent to a page offering Firefox as a download to install even after I install it. In fact the page I'm sent to says its installed all ready. This happens over and over. Google says Android doesn't support Firefox and in fact Acer doesn't list Firefox as available even though it can be "installed" and the icon is provided.

I had a similar problem with Chrome which I assumed could be run under Android.

My computer science major son, and I, with experience back to Mac Plus gave up and sent the Acer back.

But thanks for your comments.

• aairon
    aairon Member Posts: 5 New User

MJP wrote:

I very happily use Firefox as browser on two PCs using Windows 7 and Vista. I can set the default home page (I use Fox News) and save links as bookmarks to go where ever I need to go. When I launch the executable for Firefox on the Acer All in One(Android) I am sent to a page offering Firefox as a download to install even after I install it. In fact the page I'm sent to says its installed all ready. This happens over and over. Google says Android doesn't support Firefox and in fact Acer doesn't list Firefox as available even though it can be "installed" and the icon is provided.

I had a similar problem with Chrome which I assumed could be run under Android.

My computer science major son, and I, with experience back to Mac Plus gave up and sent the Acer back.

But thanks for your comments.

Smart move getting rid of it!

This discussion has been closed.