wireless signal

davemackie
davemackie Member Posts: 4 New User

why does my aspire one cloudbook 14  internet signal keep going up and down and disconnecting

Best Answer

• davemackie
    Answer ✓

it works better when closer about four feet away i haven't tried it with a different router i am trying it with a wireless dongle and it is working perfect so far

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

There are many things that can affect wireless. How close are you to the router? Does it work better when you move closer or does it stay about the same? How well does it work when connected to a different router?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • davemackie
    Answer ✓

it works better when closer about four feet away i haven't tried it with a different router i am trying it with a wireless dongle and it is working perfect so far

• billsey

OK, sounds like the problem is more likely hardware than software. I'm betting one or both of the wireless antennas aren't connected to their socket. They use really tiny connectors and it's not terribly unusual for them to work loose. If you are under warranty contact Acer support and they'll get it fixed for you, if you are out of warranty it'll depend somewhat on which model you have how easy or difficult it will be to take it far enough apart to fix it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • davemackie

thanks i will do

• billsey

Let us know how it comes out.

• davemackie

As it is brand new i cant open it to see so it is still doing same been onto acer they reckoned it was hardware problem corupted drive. Uninstaled driver and redownloaded it like they told me to do and reinstaled it still doing same. My wife is getting fed up now so i think it could be going back to where i bought it from

Thank you for your help and i will keep you posted as to any outcome.

Your's

Dave Mackie