how long do i need to charge my battery on chromebook cb3-431

ja2063
ja2063 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2021 in Chromebooks

just bought a chromebook cb3-431.  how long will it take to charge?  do i let the battery get really low before recharging?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Normally it should only take a couple of hours to charge fully. It charges slower if you have the Chromebook on than if you have it off. You should treat the battery the same as you would with most any notebook, keep it as charged as possible, but periodically allow it to drain down then recharge. The battery will last the longest if you do a full cycle periodically but doesn't really get hurt by staying fully charged for long periods of time.

I typically leave mine plugged in all the time, except when I'm on the road (a couple of times per month for several days each time) where I'll use it during the day and charge at night.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Loulou280
    Loulou280 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My battery keeps losing percentage of power. I tried hardware reset still no help

• Ale1972
    Ale1972 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2021
    ja2063 said:

just bought a cb3-431.  how long will it take to charge?  do i let the battery get really low before recharging?

My understanding since charging up mobiles laptops etc for the very 1st time is that the instructions for virtually every product of battery charged devices are to allow a full 16 hours charge without powering devices on for example soon as you open device packaging plug into device then power socket without switching device on at all until after the 16 hour charge these instructions are nowhere to be found for my Acer CB314 on the download manuals or the booklets that came with. Acer need to include these above points for initial battery charge my only thought of these instructions being omitted is so the battery dies fast & you purchase again always allow battery to fully drain & then fully recharge as many times as possible to retain a good battery life
  • Ale1972
    Ale1972 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I finally found on the Argos app (for the Acer 314 chromebook where i purchased mine from yesterday)
    some battery info... there is a tab under "about this item" on Argos called  "more details" it shows a picture of a symbol: a leaf in front of a battery saying 12.5 hours! i'm guessing that's the initial charge recommendation time as there are 2 battery life times stated for this item 1 says 9hrs battery life another says 10hrs battery life! This needs to be all made clear and correct in the set up booklet that is provided with the chromebook! 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @Ale1972 you are camping out on a thread that is several years old, so you won't be getting a lot of activity, most users ignore anything this old. Most systems have the battery status LED change from amber to blue when fully charged.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.