cb3-111-c8ub not charging

pablon
pablon Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi all,

I have cb3-111-c8ub which is not charging properly. I have replaced with new battery but same effect. I have another acer chromebook which charges fine with same ac adapter.

cb3-111 battery charging icon blinks constantly when pluged in to ac adapter and does not charge. when I press it very firmly, it charges but once released it stops charging. Definitely some loose connection. I can open it up and replace any other parts as needed but not sure which part is causing this problem. Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately it looks as if the DC jack is soldered to the mainboard, so not really an easily replaced part. Make sure the center pin is still in good shape, not bent or broken. There's a spring piece that pushes against the outside of the barrel and if it's broken you might not be getting good contact without side pressure.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately it looks as if the DC jack is soldered to the mainboard, so not really an easily replaced part. Make sure the center pin is still in good shape, not bent or broken. There's a spring piece that pushes against the outside of the barrel and if it's broken you might not be getting good contact without side pressure.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pablon

Thanks for the tip. I will open it up in next few days and give you some feedback

• acerlover
    acerlover Member Posts: 2 New User

I end up ordering an used motherboard from ebay. Lets see if it resolves the issue.

• billsey

Please let us know how it works out.

• pablon

Yeah, I replaced the motherboard, its working fine. I got a used motherboard for $32 from ebay (including shipping). Thanks for your help.

• Isaconway
    Isaconway Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is there another way to charge the Acer say, UBS PORT?
  • billsey

Nope, a USB port uses different voltage.

• Simon_A
    Simon_A Member Posts: 1 New User
    Could try this as well. A hard reset: press "refresh" button and on/off button at the same time. It fixed my problem not charging cb3 111 chromebook.