acer chromebook r11 won't charge my phone correctly

stephy11
stephy11 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, 

I just bought my Acer this morning (June 10) and I started it up testing all the new things getting it ready and getting familiar with my Acer Chrome. I wanted to upload my photos so I plugged in my phone charger in the usb port and then connected it to my iphone. I got a notification saying if it was okay to have my photos uploaded while my phone charged with my acer and I agreeed. Thats not my problem though. My problem is that as my phone is plugged into charge it will show me that my phone is charging and then it will show me its not and it will keep doing this going back and fourth showing me its charging and that then its not. So I though maybe it was my charging cable (cause I will admit it is broken) So I grabbed another Iphone charger that is an actual apple product and isnt broken and kept doing the same thing. So then I plugged it into the left USB port to see if it will do the same thing and it kept doing it. I called Acer support and the lady said they didn't have much information on this and that it could be that my iphone is a diffrent software and I unserstand that they arn't the same brand but I had another chromebook previous to this one and it never did this. So I dont know if I should take it in, or thats how it is with your guys acer as well? Please help me.

Thank you!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Standard current supplied by a USB port is 500mA (1/2A). Your iPhone probably wants 2000mA (2A). I'd guess the 500mA is right on the verge of not being enough for the phone.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.