WiFi

h3ktlk
h3ktlk Member Posts: 1 New User

So is this really Acers accepted solution??????   You want people to disable flood protection if they can???    Is there another solution I did not find from a later date??   Customer Support is surely going down hill across the board if this is considered and acceptable solutiona and being you have marked it as so means Acer does. Should be ashamed of yourself.

As for the poster of this solution KUDOs to you for actually trying to help solve the issue and do their job for them. 

"

So after many hours of testing...I have found a solution.

In fact, it does turn out to be a router setting for me.

I have a Cisco DPC3825 and I had to uncheck IP FLOOD DETECTION in the security tab.

Simple as that.  My router log said that the Chromebook was sending LAN UDP Flood packets.

I apologize to ACER Tech Support.

It might be usefull to add a FAQ to this effect."

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Since you started a new thread I can't see what you are replying to, but if the Chromebook is flooding UDP packets it's a software problem on the Chromebook OS or active malware. The fix would be to stop whatever is doing the flooding, not disabling flood protection... Though disabling flood protection certainly pointed to the problem.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.