When i click on a link, or left click my mouse, another browser window will open ("Redirect").....

XPusher32
XPusher32 Member Posts: 1 New User

In additon to over and over having to close out an endless cascade of windows i'm being inudated with tons of pop-ups. Ultimately after being on for a few hours the problems increase in frequencey and my chromebook gets slower and slower. I've asked a few people their opinions and a few have told me that it sounds like a virus or malware. I was under the impression i couldn't get infected by either of those. A tech support person told me to get Adblock Pro and that would solve all my problems. I got the app from the Google store but everytime i try to instal and run it the site crashes. I openly admit i am tech-tarded. I'm 34 and this ismy 1st computer. I got this b/c i was told it is simplistic and user friendly. Ive been problem free for the past 20 months. CAN ANY1 HELP ME!?!?!?!?!? I would just take it in but the tech support people said it would be cheaper to just buy a new one......help me please

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Well, it would help a lot if you could tell us which model you have. The symptoms are pretty common ones for a virus or hacked web site. Did it happen right away after getting the computer or did it take some time? Does it happen on a specific site or all sites you visit?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.