Using yahoo on Chromebook 15 CB5-571

Elsbethx
Elsbethx Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi there

I've just purchased this Chromebook, all it great but there seems to be no Google play store and I can't install a Yahoo app.  My main email account is via Yahoo but I also have a gmail account (obviously!), so I've installed Inbox for Gmail which is fine, but I can't seem to compose a message via my yahoo account.

Any ideas?

Many thanks 

El

Answers

• WiseWords
    WiseWords Member Posts: 3 New User

RE: Google Store---Try Google Apps. You should have this application available on your Chromebook. It will appear in the lower left corner along with other Apps. Some apps at Google Store will not work on Chromebook, although most apps for Android should work on a Chromebook. However, using the Google Apps icon will bring up apps designed for Chromebook. You can search for anything needed. Checking the "Free" box, especially for Yahoo, will save money.

As for Yahoo, they seem to have gone, or be going, the way of MySpace! Use to be excellent; not anymore.

In any event, Chromebook is obviously a Google creation, so, having and using a Gmail account(s) is better with a Chromebook, although any Email address should work. If you insist on using Yahoo Email, you really don't need a resource consuming app. Just log into your Email from the web. You can search for the Yahoo log-in page from the Google search bar, and bookmark it if needed.

All new Chromebook users should click on the Settings icon and go through every setting. Choose what you want. Any setting you pick can be changed. This will customise things for you.

And don't forget to open up one or more Google Drive accounts---15 GB Free Cloud Storage, and essential with a Chromebook.

Most Chromebooks come with an offer of 100GB of free cloud storage on Google Drive for 2 years. It is an attempt to get you to pay for it after the 2 year time limit, so be cautious of what you store there, and/or have other free cloud storage sites. Smiley Wink

--------------------------------------------------------