Unable to register product

Sharp
Sharp Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have a new Acer Chromebook and went to register it on the Acer website. Had a lot of difficulty finding the place to register, but when I did, I put in all the info requested. It then wouldn't let me save the information and get out of the screen. What's the point of having a registration process online? How can I register my Chromebook?

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Sometimes they can be a little slow getting the latest serial numbers entered into the registration server. If that's the case you just need to wait a few days before registering. There can also be problems if you try to register from the wrong Acer site, for instance trying to register a UK model on the USA site doesn't work. You might also be typing in the number wrong, O and 0 are different, same with l and 1. I take a picture of the number then zoom it up larger to make sure I'm entering it right.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sharp

Thanks for the reply, but I checked and re-checked everything to make sure it was correct.

The 'save' button was the only thing that wasn't working. I'm going to try it again...maybe it was just a problem with the website at the time.

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,336 Community Administrator

Hello @Sharp,

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties registering your product.  I would like to look into this for you; can you please send me a PM with the S/N?

• Sharp

I don't know where to send you the PM?

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi Sharp,

Please send your Private Message to Jose using this link:

http://community.acer.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/262304

Hope that helps.