The touochpad isn't working. I can't locate the cursor.

Joani-1
Joani-1 Member Posts: 3 New User

The touchpad on my Chromebook has stopped working. The cursor is no where to be found. It was working and then it just disappeared. I have restarted numerous times using the power button, and also refresh and power. I have made sure there is nothing stuck under the thouchpad.

I have several windows open, but can't access anything on them, not even my email.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Is yours one of the models with a key combination to turn the touchpad on and off?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Joani-1

No, there is no key combination to the touchpad.

I am able to plug in an external mouse and that allows me to use the laptop. It's frustrating because my computer is less than 2 months old.I've looked online and seen where this has occurred to others, but not on this specific model. 

• billsey

What model do you own?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Joani-1

Model CB3-431

• billsey

There are a couple ofthings that can cause the touchpad to stop responding, but they're most likely to be hardware issues rather than software. Are you still in warranty (should be if you bought it new that recently)? If so just contact Acer support and they'll get you fixed up. If out of warranty I'd check to make sure the cable is fully seated in the connector first. They will sometimes wiggle free...