Re: Acer Community Forum offerings

jpdewy67
jpdewy67 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an ACER Chromebook C720. There is some malware on it which continuously opens new chrome browser webpages and presents an offer from some outfit called "Technical Support" to fix the problem. How can I get rid of this? Can I delete and reinstall the Chrome OS?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Best bet is to do just that. Start at this page and follow through with the appropriate link. Then stay away from whichever website did it to you. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

Best bet is to do just that. Start at this page and follow through with the appropriate link. Then stay away from whichever website did it to you. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jpdewy67
    jpdewy67 Member Posts: 2 New User

billsy,

Thank you very much. That seems to have solved the problem. It's unknown which website was the source of the problem in the first place.

JD

• billsey

Good news on the fix. I hope the website was just hacked for ashort while, so it doesn't bite you again. Smiley Happy