Printer recommendation Chromebook 15

DP68
DP68 Member Posts: 1 New User

I came to these forums yesterday briefly to ask for help with a Chromebook and Cannon printer (trying to help my Mom in another state getting it set up)...But upon further review, one guy even said "good job, you have worst printer ever.."

All technical issues aside...she (we) are asking...What is an affordable printer, that will connect to cloud (without the Push To Connect router thing...sister's dont have the button)...that she can buy....and her and I can connect/print a page or two ever few weeks of just text mostly.

Acer Chromebook 15

(brief technical follow up though...the drivers would need to be avail to install via web, right? surely she doesnt need to buy a drive..?)

Thanks, a link will work, promise she will order it NOW lol. Thanks again.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

The printer either needs to be Google Print compatible or you need a PC to act as the print controller. No special drivers needed for a GP compatable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • meanreba1
    meanreba1 Member Posts: 1 New User

what brand of printers for home use. low priced. i'm new to the computer world.and seem to stay confused about alot of things. i have a chomebook 15. cb3-531.    help!!!!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

There is a link to Google's list of printers compatable with Chromebooks on this thread.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.