My chromebook won't light up on the screen

amazon9_
amazon9_ Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Good afternoon,

I having some trouble with my acer chroembook. I was doing the dishes when I connected my headphones to the chromebook. After that, I bent down and my chromebook fell from the counter I had it sitting on. It landed open with the screen facing downward. I tried the following:

-turning my chromebook off and on

-completely shutting down the chromebook

-turning up the brightness

-pressing Esc-Refresh-Power

-letting it sit and turning it back on

None of this worked. Can you help, and if not, is there I store I can go to to get my chromebook fixed? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

There are so many things that can go wrong with a fall like that... It's possible that it just knocked cables loose inside, which can be fixed by opening it up and reconnecting. It's also possible that the display is broken and will need to be replaced. And then there is pretty much everything in between. Acer support can fix it for you and IIRC they will have a fixed fee for the repair. Other repair companies can likely fix it as well, for varying costs. Often though it's a wash between repair and replacement with these low cost models.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.