My cb3-111 doesn't turn on on the first time

ltjmax
ltjmax Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi there,

Since a couple of weeks, my chromebook doesn't turn on on the first try. The screen turns on but stay black and I have to hold the shutdown button and start it again. Sometime it works, other time, I may have to repeat this more than 10 times before I can acces my computer. 

I did a powerwash to try to resolve the problem, but it continues. I bought my CB3-111  on april so it's just a few months old and I don't undersant why it already has a problem.

Thanks for your help!!

Maxime

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

By definition a beta version will have bugs. A release or stable version should have the bulk of the bugs fixed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey

Sounds like it is time to contact Acer support for warranty repair.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ltjmax
    ltjmax Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for your answer.

I contacted acer support and they want me to send back the computer so they can repair it. I tested some things during the week-end. I was on the july 29th beta version of Chrome os. I went back to the stable charnel and everything is now fine, the Chromebook boots normaly with no black screen. But as soon as I switch again to the beta channel, the bug is back. Is there any bug with the beta version or should I really send it to a repair center?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓

By definition a beta version will have bugs. A release or stable version should have the bulk of the bugs fixed.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Just want to throw out here. You can create USB media of the stable versions even if you're behind in Beta/Dev channels. We have steps on how to create an use that USB here if it helps in the future.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27637 and http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27646