My brand new out of the box CB5-571 keeps restarting chrome over and over.

Estha61
Estha61 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Just got my Chromebook, nd it keeps restarting chrome about every 30 seconds. I can hradly get to a page before it goes blank and restarts, but won't restore my tabs.

Best Answer

• Estha61
    Answer ✓

I finally realized that the status box in the right corner had a message saying restart to update. After I did that, I've had no problems. Thanks for all your suggestions!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Certainly doesn't sound like normal behavior. Either take it back to your vendor for a swap or contact Acer support for a repair.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 4efrqreus
    4efrqreus Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I experienced something similar on my brand new Chromebook R13, doing crash to screen blip blip to black, then restarts.  Not same box as yours. But,maybe similar bugginess or my own operator error.

I discovered by accident these things helped. Nothing else like power down and back on seemed to help.

1. Ignore the one tab that kept reloading,
    2. Quickly opened a NEW TAB. (or press Ctrl+Shift+N)......................Things settled down?
    3. CLEAR HISTORY from new tab. (or Ctrl+Shift+Backspace)
    4. WARNING: Do Not Click into the "trouble making tab",
    5. Instead Click on the little "X" on the bad tab to close it.

Peace continues? This is my second day of using my R13 and no repeat of the original trouble.

other possible troubles:

resolution set too high for your monitor, power supply on the wonk...can't hurt to try my steps first. And definitely make sure you don't stick your power supply into an overloaded non-surge protecting outlet box with a bunch of other powered up equipment.

• Estha61
    Answer ✓

I finally realized that the status box in the right corner had a message saying restart to update. After I did that, I've had no problems. Thanks for all your suggestions!

• 4efrqreus
    4efrqreus Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Anyone with an Acer cb5 312t-k8z9. Mainly my external choice is from the HDMI port. Just curious, I was told one of the USB ports supports usb display out with a Displayport cable. Perhaps they have a different variant of the 312T?