Keyboard problem

TerryL1
TerryL1 Member Posts: 2 New User

I bought an Acer Chromebook 15 a few weeks ago and it has been working fine but yesterday the keyboard started going haywire. The keys for symbols such as @, ? and / have stopped working on the keys they are supposed to work on but will appear when using other symbol keys. This is driving me mad! Can anyone please tell me how to remedy this,

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

If I were to make a guess, I'd think the keyboard has been changed to a different country...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

If I were to make a guess, I'd think the keyboard has been changed to a different country...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TerryL1
    TerryL1 Member Posts: 2 New User

You are absolutely right! Problem solved! It's a mystery how it changed but thank you for your help.

• billsey

Probably the gnomes in your woodwork speak a different language, and were using it at night while you were sleeping. Smiley Happy

Glad it's sorted...

• tontytots
    tontytots Member Posts: 77 Troubleshooter

hi. great reply and resolution. my keyboard has a few letters not working, is this right for me too?

• billsey

tontytots wrote:

hi. great reply and resolution. my keyboard has a few letters not working, is this right for me too?

It really depends on the symptoms. If all of the keys are working but putting the wrong things out as you type then yes, it's probably the same problem. If you have several keys that don't do anything, even though they should, it's more likely to be a mechanical issue with the keyboard. Could be contaminates (spilled anything lately?) or a bad trace on one or more of the membranes. It's also possible to have a stuck key and that can be even tougher to diagnose.