Chromebook and Chromebox Display Resolution

Brandon1
Brandon1 Member Posts: 6 New User

Chromebook and Chromebox Display Resolution concerns. I have a 2014 Acer C720 Chromebook, the display has a resolution of 1366 x 768 so if I watch a HD video/movie using this device it will not be in HD, 1920 x 1080, even if I attach an external TV using a HDMI cable that is rated at 1080p. This is unly true if you are using the Mirroring function. But if you use the Extended Desktop function the resolution will be selectable to a greater resolution based on the capability of the connected monitor/TV. A 1080P TV will increase to a resolution of 1920 x 1080 if selected allowing for viewing in true HD on the connected .monitor or TV. Leaving the Chromebook in Mirrored mode limits the external monitor/TV to the resolution of the internal display which in this case is 1366 x 768. i also make the external monitor/TV the Primary Display. To make these changes use the Settings selection, and in Settings look and select Display Settings which can be found in Settings under the Device heading.

This really is not a question, it is meant to be informative, and was found by accident. Okay, dumb luck!