Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromebook R11 CB5-132T charging only to 94% after latest update

New User

I have my adapter plugged in and the Chromebook is stuck at 94%. The symbol for charging is still there, but it's not charging any further. The charge indicator light is still orange. It won't turn blue because it won't fully charge.

I had this problem previously when I had the laptop on the beta channel. I switched it back to the stable channel and the problem was resolved. After the latest stable update, this problem returned.

6 REPLIES
Skilled Fixer

Re: Chromebook R11 CB5-132T charging only to 94% after latest update

https://www.chromestory.com/2014/11/chromebooks-get-options-downgrade-operating-system/

to summarize, Open the Chrome OS Settings, scroll to the very bottom, click on the “Powerwash”

on the Powerwash page,  on the reset screen, press  <Ctrl> + <Shift> + <Alt> + R simultaneously

your Chromebook will revert to the previously installed version of Chrome OS

So, if the problem was caused by the newest version of chrome os, try downgrading.

If I solved your problem, please click "accept as solution." If you found my post helpful, please click Kudos. it only takes a second, and I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
-PMiner
New User

When my chromebook updated and I couldn't charge it fully I didn't know that you could revert to a previous version, so I tried switching to the beta channel. The problem did not resolve itself in the beta channel. I tried to switching back to stable and it did not resolve itself. I tried switching to the dev channel and that didn't solve the problem. After trying all 3 channels now there is no way for me to use the Powerwash and Revert feature to get back to the old stable version. At least I haven't found a way to get to the old stable version.

New User

I thought it was just me.  Glad to see I'm not the only one.  I am going to try the powerwash with firmware rollback (what PMiner posted) later.   I also saw another thread with someone saying theirs is not charging past 96%.

Hopefully this is not a warranty issue.

Chrome Version 60.0.3112.112

CB5-132T-C9KK

Skilled Fixer

In case you didn't read the article, make sure to back up any data that you may have on the Chromebook.
If I solved your problem, please click "accept as solution." If you found my post helpful, please click Kudos. it only takes a second, and I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
-PMiner
Tags (1)
New User

PMiner, Thank you for the lookout.  I did the roll back & an EC reset for good measure. (running on battery) Set the CB back up, ran it for a while, powered down & plugged it in.  I checked it this morning and I am still at the same place 95-96% battery.  I ran a battery test in crosh.  The battery said it was discharging with 92.47% left & the battery health is 89.40%.  After I closed the shell I looked at the battery level in the lower right corner & it was at 94% with 9:33 left.  I am going to run it a few more days and see if anything improves.  

Highlighted
New User

I broke down and called support.  The chromebook is under warranty so I have to send it back for a battery replacement.  

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

We would like to highlight a user that joined the Community just 3 months ago and in that short amount of time has already authored more than 25 solutions and ranked up to Valued Contributor. Congratulations Flx, keep up the good work!

Total Posts Written: 345
Total Kudos Received: 78
Solutions Accepted: 26

Flx
Valued Contributor Flx

Valued Contributor