Chromebook 14 power input jack faulty?

Braderz73
Braderz73 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hello, I have a new Acer Chromebook 14 - CB3-431 and it had a rather wobbly power input jack from the start and I wondered if anyone else had this problem?

Best Answer

• tybiewamzo
    tybiewamzo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    I had this problem and i opened the back of the chromebook and theres a black cord that connects to the charger. it was able to slide back and forth, and i slid it all the way in and plugged the charger in and the light lit up, so i hot glued the back of the slider in place to the metal next to it. Worked for me!

Answers

• Katcole1
    Katcole1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Yes, I have the Chromebook 14 CB3 431 and my charging port/power jack had been wobbly.  As of yesterday, the pin inside the port is no longer visible and it won't charge. Came here to see if others had the same issue and I see a few in earlier models.  Contacting support today.

• Braderz73
    Braderz73 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hiya, well I took my Acer Chromebook straight back to the place I had bought from and they replaced it with a new one. Oh, and they refunded my £20 too, which made me think that the faulty power point jack is a common problem! My new units jack feels completely when I plug in the lead to charge it. There is a firm and solid feel to it now, just like on all other laptops I've had in the past.

It seemed a waste of time coming on here though, so I would recommend returning your Acer asap. 

Hope you get it sorted....

• tybiewamzo
    tybiewamzo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    I had this problem and i opened the back of the chromebook and theres a black cord that connects to the charger. it was able to slide back and forth, and i slid it all the way in and plugged the charger in and the light lit up, so i hot glued the back of the slider in place to the metal next to it. Worked for me!