Chromebook 13s (Cb5-311) are losing screws...

waitkusj
waitkusj Member Posts: 1 New User

My School District purchased around 120 Acer Chromebook 13s in June of last year. We've noticed over the course of the year that some were missing screws from the bottom casing. We had this issue before with a different brand last year. After talking with other local school districts, this seems to be a wide problem when it comes to Chromebooks (HP, Dell, Acer). 

We would like to get these screws replaced, but I can't get Acer to just send me some replacements. They want me to send in each unit for repair (even under warranty this is crazy as it costs us ~$7/unit to ship to Acer). I was wondering if any of you resourceful people out there know the screw size for this particular model?

TL DR Acer is being stingy with replacement screws and I am trying to find out the size I need for the CB5-311 bottom casing screws.

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Sorry your products are losing screws. I can help get you the screws you need without sending in your products. Can you please send me a private message so I can work with you to get this resolved.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓
    Sorry your products are losing screws. I can help get you the screws you need without sending in your products. Can you please send me a private message so I can work with you to get this resolved.
  • SLEEKNIGHT
    SLEEKNIGHT Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a ACER CHROMEBOX but there are no screws to attach the mounts. Can you tell  me where to purchase the screws  and the allen wrench.  Or the size of screws  needed.

• Blayn-Acer

There should have been 4 silver screws included with the mount, but if yours did not include them, or you are unable to locate them, we can help you get what you need. Can you please send me a private message with your Chrombox serial number and your mailing address, so I can work on getting you the screws you need?