Chromebook 13 Connection drops

HowardWilliams
HowardWilliams Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

After working OK for several months my Chromebook wifi connection now drops after about five minutes of turning the computer on. I can then see no sign of any wifi connections to reconnect to and have to reboot the machine. The wifi connection is fine on other machines in the house and I've had the same problem using a router in another property. I've done a hard reset but that didn't solve the problem. I can't check if the software needs an update as I can't get onto the intenet, although I've just ordered a ethernet/usb adaptor to do this. The machine is only three or four months old bought from Curries.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• HowardWilliams
    HowardWilliams Member Posts: 2 New User

Now tried everything. Works on ethernet and software updated but still wifi connection dropping.

So back to Curries with it this afternoon and tomorrow an hour or two filling in customer satisfaction reports for Acer chromebooks!

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Sorry this is happening. This could be an issue with the wifi card on the Chromebook itself that may require service. Acer would be happy to repair this for you; please contact Acer support for assistance with this from the contact info posted here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

The in-warranty support number is available 24/7 to assist you.