C720 trackpad

McGodmode
McGodmode Member Posts: 4 New User

Hey everyone,

I just want to start by saying that this forum has been an amazing reference for me and has helped me tremendously with my workload as I am managing a few hundred of the C720s in my first position in this field.

Anywho,

I am having an issue I haven't run into yet with the trackpad. Everything works, EXCEPT the physically depressed left-click. If I press it forcefully it works, but it is not working as intended. Now, I've switched out the trackpad and ribbon as well as restored the machine and I am still having the issue. I am starting to wonder if this particular machine's case is flawed. If anyone has some ideas I am all ears.

Thanks,

Matt

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Very interesting. If you already replaced the touchpad, it seems like the problem would have to be something with the case. Send me a private message and I will work with you to get it in so we can take a look at it.

• Goudman
    Goudman Member Posts: 1 New User

Did you guys find a solution for a non-working trackpad? One of our Chromebooks (out of warranty) its trackpad is not working at all. There is no cursor on the screen at all and when trying to use the trackpad to use the cursor nothing happens. I also tried replacing the trackpad and ribbon, but no luck.

• McGodmode
    My issue turned out to be a flaw in the case itself. The trackpad worked when I offset that metal bracket from the case with a few layers of electrical tape. I do not know if this will be applicable to your problem, Goudman.
  • McGodmode
    (The bracket that holds the trackpad in place)
  • teegeepen
    teegeepen Member Posts: 3 New User

my c720 trackpad died yesterday after 15 months...(3 months out of warranty) tried all the software fixes, they did not work...arrow shows at starttup but then disappears..is there any suggestions out there to fix this..of course the acer folks in mumbai are no help....i already decided i am buying a dell with a 3 year warranty..