Anyone had screen problems with CB5-571?

barnum1
barnum1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi!

I had my CB5-571 for 10 days and suddenly the screen started flickering. After 5 minutes it went black.

I got a new Chromebook, but I'm curious if anyone else have experienced this?

Hope it's not a recurring problem, because I really like it!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

It doesn't sound normal. Does it come back to normal after a reboot or power cycle? It'll help discover if the problem is hardware or software.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • schreiberr
    schreiberr Member Posts: 1 New User

I just received a new (made on 10/20/2015) as a gift two weeks ago. Everything was fine until yesterday. I set it down to answer the door and came back to find the screen black. I have tried turning the power on and off several times. Closing and reopen ing the screen. Plugging the power in, etc. No recovery of the screen. The power light is on and the charge light illuminates, no screen. 

Does anyone have a solution????  Help please. 

• swhall
    swhall Member Posts: 3 New User

Mine is 6 months old now.  Just yesterday I noticed flickering on the screen but it went away.  Today, the screen is grey/green.  The color flashed on for about 10 seconds (with flickering) but went back to grey/green.  Is there a fix or should I have submit a repair under warranty?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Probably best to go the warranty route, if it's the simplest problem (loose cable between motherbard and display) you'd still have to open it up to fix it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • swhall

thank you, I submitted a repair order 

• bishop135
    bishop135 Member Posts: 2 New User

doesnt appear to be any tech people from acer on these boards

• rlw1946
    rlw1946 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem.

• swhall
    The repaired screen, under warranty, once it was fixed, has worked just fine ever since.
  • KatherineElaine
    KatherineElaine Member Posts: 1 New User

Yes, and I have tried all of the fixes I can find.  I don't want to spend $50 on a new screen if it's a hardware problem. I wish Google would address this issue.