Acer c720 chromebook charging loop

cassandra001
cassandra001 Member Posts: 1 New User

I've had my c720 for a little over 2 years now and an issue just started recently that whenever the chromebook dies and I put it on the charger it doesn't want to turn back on. It used to be i could let it sit(even though the charging LED wasn't on) for a few minutes, open it back up and it would be charging. Now it's been to where i let it sit for a whole day, no charging LED indicator was on. It wouldn't turn on, but when i looked at it the next day the charging LED was on. Opened it up it was fully charged. It's been progressively getting worse every time it dies. I have taken to not letting it die anymore and haven't had anything else happen with it so far.

What could be causing this issue? I haven't ruled out the charger yet because it still charges just the device itself not indicating it's being charged or turning on until fully charged. I know it's out of warranty, but around what price range am I looking in repair costs? I love my chromebook and don't want to have to get another or loose my info ):