Acer Chromebook R13 - upgradability

martinuher
martinuher Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello,

I have just received my R13 and I would like to ask if it can be upgraded on hardware level? Speaking about RAM and SDD of course.

Many thanks for any help and tips in advance,

Martin

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I had someone look at the manual for me, and sure enoujgh the processor, memory and storage are all soldered to the main board.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey

We need more info as to just which model you have...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • martinuher

Product code should be NX.GL4EC.002, is it possible?

• billsey

OK, a quick Google says that is a CB5-312T-K1RC. I don't have access to the manual for that new model, but have put in a request. It's most immediate predecessor, the CB5-311 models, have both the memory and flash drive soldered to the motherboard. No real route to expansion there. That is pretty typical for a design that needs to keep costs as low as possible. I'll ping back if I can find a manual.

• martinuher

Thank you very much for your helps. I was a bit worried that soldering might be the case Smiley Sad

• billsey
    Answer ✓

I had someone look at the manual for me, and sure enoujgh the processor, memory and storage are all soldered to the main board.

• martinuher

Just what I was afraid of Smiley Sad Nevermind thank you for your efforts.